There's never been a better time in history to be an artist.
Scroll down for free resources for artists.
Marketing Help for Artists & Organizations Are you struggling with how to sell more art or don’t know where to start? Are you overwhelmed by the variety of marketing tools available but can’t figure out which you should use or what works best? A few of the things I do:
- Website design, conversion to WordPress or updates to your current website A well-designed website is vital to marketing your art. I highly recommend WordPress for your website so that you can make simple changes without having to hire a web designer. Whether you need just a few tweaks to your current site or a whole new website, I can help. And I can teach you to make simple changes or updates your website so you don’t have to pay someone to do that each time you want to add new art or list events. Examples of sites I have designed are below.
- Social media: best practices for artists. Do you know you “should” be using social media, but don’t know which ones, or what to post, or how often? Let me help.
- Mail Chimp set up and tutorial Your email list is gold! I can help you set up Mail Chimp to give your emails a professional, polished look which will grab your collectors’ attention and best highlight your art.
- Event marketing I have been in charge of the Alameda Studio Tour’s marketing and press relations for several years.
Contact me to discuss your needs. A few websites I’ve designed:
If you'd like some help, drop me an email. Let's talk!
Beth has great design instincts and an excellent knowledge of marketing. In creating our websites she listened to our ideas and built upon them with her own suggestions and expertise. She is so easy to work with – superbly organized and clear in her approach – and she is wonderful when it comes to walking clients through unfamiliar territory. We are delighted that our new websites really reflect who we are as artists, and the particular nature of our work. The response from viewers has been impressive.
Beth designed my website and helped me change it from an old style, code based site into one that my husband and I have the freedom to easily change and modify ourselves. She trained us to do that. Beth is wonderful to work with and sticks with everything until it’s completed to everyone’s satisfaction, hers included. She is a true professional and a good friend. Thank you, Beth!Linda & John Boyes
There are many wonderful, free resources available online to help you create marketing tools for your art business. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Pixlr.com Pixlr is an online photo editing program. Pixlr Express is for simple fixes – cropping, light or color adjustment, filters, etc. Pixlr Editor is more robust and can do retouching, create layers and more.
- Canva.com Canva is a graphic design editor where you can create cover images and individual posts for social media in the exact size that works best. You can also create flyers, ads, posters, newsletters, invitations, post cards and even ebooks and magazines!
- WordPress.org WordPress is a CMS – content management system – that enables anyone to create websites and blogs. It is free and open source, meaning that is was developed by tens of thousands of smart people the world over for anyone to use. Third party developers have created and sell themes/templates and other accessories that are designed specifically for WordPress websites.
- MailChimp.com Mail Chimp is an email marketing service where you can create professional emails, compile your own email lists, and send emails to those on your list. It can be linked to website and Facebook page.